Rocker Switch And Waterproof Rocker Switch
The Rocker switch is also called the rocker switch. Its structure is the same as the toggle switch, but the button handle is replaced with a boat shape. The rocker switch is often used as a power switch for electronic equipment. Its contacts are divided into single-pole single-throw and double-pole double-throw, and some switches also have indicator lights.
Rocker switches are used in water dispensers, treadmills, computer speakers, battery cars, motorcycles, ion TVs, coffee pots, power outlets, massage machines, etc., mainly in household appliances. The rocker switch is a small, high-capacity power switch suitable for home appliances and office equipment. Compared with other switches, it is more powerful.
Test Method For The Life Of Rocker Switch
Mainly test the number of times of opening and closing until damage. If there is no need to manually use a small motor to drive the eccentric opening and closing switch, use a counter to record the number of times. This switch requires CQC certification if the safety certification product is sold in China. If it is sold abroad, it depends on which country it is sold to, such as UL certification in the United States, CUL certification in Canada, and VDE, ENEC, TUV, and other safety certifications in Europe countries.
Types Of Boat Switches Are Classified And Used:
1.Small capacity non-sealed type
This rocker switch has a smaller rated voltage and current, 5A @ 120VAC, 28VDC, and 2A @ 250VAC. This type of product has three positions. In terms of material, its terminals are usually brass coated with gold or silver—long life, up to 50,000 times.
2.Large capacity sealed type
For large-capacity rocker switches it is more suitable for use in power supplies, and the safety of airtightness is more guaranteed. 15A @ 125VAC; 8A @ 250VAC, there are two gears, ON or OFF, and the terminal material is brass-coated tin.
Waterproof Rocker Switch
As the name suggests, a waterproof rocker switch is a rocker switch that can be used in wet environments or operated with wet hands.
Waterproof rocker switch has some other names, such as wave switch, rocker switch, IO switch, and power switch, because the rocker switch looks like a ship, so it is so-called.
Waterproof rocker switches are widely used, such as water dispensers, coffee pots, rice cookers, kettles, etc. There are many brands and types of waterproof rocker switches on the market, but in the true sense, rocker switches with good waterproof sealing performance are Still more miniature.
Switch failure: the boat-shaped switch, the red light is on when it is turned on, while it cannot be turned off when we turned it off, and the switch cannot be bounced back, at last switch often jumps.
The Solution To Trouble:
A metal sheet inside the boat-shaped switch has a spring fulcrum in the middle. The spring displacement and the aging deformation of the plastic bracket make the switch inflexible. You can disassemble after the power is turned off. If the plastic parts are not damaged, You can restore the switch. The neutral line inside the switch is straight through and has nothing to do with the switch components. Therefore, if the switch trips the air switch, the insulation layer of the neutral line passing through the switch is damaged. The damaged section can be cut off and rewired. Pay attention to ensuring the insulation. There may also be a short circuit at the foot of the indicator light, and you can rewire it.
1.Is the certification complete?
Whether the waterproof boat switch is fully certified, selects environmentally friendly materials, passes the relevant regulations of ROHS, has SGS certification, has VDE/DEMKO/KEMA (now using EU ENEC), UL/CSA, and other certifications.
2. IP waterproof standard
The sealing performance of the waterproof rocker switch exceeds the standard, and when paired with related accessories, it can reach IP65, IP66, IP67, and even IP68 waterproof grades.
3.Design and other issues
Confirm that the waterproof rock-type switch has a good design, long service life, high-temperature resistance, high current impact resistance, etc.
How To Install The Rocker Switch Correctly:
- For the convenience of home use, the boat switch is recommended to be installed on the right side of the entrance. As far as the habit of most people is concerned, they are accustomed to using their left hand when they enter the door with their objects to explore and turn on the lights. Then installing it on the right can make daily life more convenient.
- The exposed ship-type switch socket should be more than 1.8 meters above the ground, and the concealed ship-type switch socket should not be less than 0.3 meters above the ground. If the rocker switch socket installation is too low if the floor is mopped, the rocker switch socket is accessible get wet, and an electric leakage accident will occur.
- The kitchen is a “big household” that uses boat-type switch sockets. It can meet the power supply of electrical kitchen equipment such as rice cookers, induction cookers, microwave ovens, microwave ovens, and sterilization boxes and consider the electrical equipment’s configuration position and the sockets’ correspondence.
- To adapt to the most comfortable bending position of the human body, it is recommended to set the commonly used boat-type switch socket at a place 30~35 cm away from the floor.
- There is a growing need for survivability these days. The distance between sockets with the two boat-type rocker switches on each wall of the living room and bedroom should not exceed 2.5 meters, and at least install one light switch socket within 0.6 meters of the corner to avoid a shortage of boat-type switch sockets in the future.
Huizhou Unionwell Sensing & Control Electronics Co Ltd., a large-scale electronic component product manufacturing provider, has passed the national high-tech enterprise certification in the same industry.
Professional business scope includes precision micro switches, automotive switches, waterproof switches, etc. The design, manufacture, sales, and service of each series of products are integrated to complete the supply of the middle and high-end markets.
Welcome to visit our website for more Unionwell micro switch details:
https://www.unionwellswitch.com/ and email to email@example.com