Mechanical Keyboard Switch

Mechanical Keyboard Switch

Mechanical Keyboard Switch

A mechanical keyboard uses physical switches underneath the keys to determining when the user has pushed a key. Press a key, and you press its switch down. The keyboard sends a signal to the PC telling it to press that key. Because it has a keyboard switch inside. At first, this design doesn’t sound so remarkable. After all, you already have a keyboard, and you can tell when you’ve pressed a key: You push one down, and a letter pops up on the screen. 

However, please take a second to think about how you know you’ve pressed a key. It’s because you’ve pushed the key down as far as it will go, only after which you see something happen on your PC. Most keyboards are composed of three plastic membranes, with rubber dome-shaped micro switches underneath each key. 


Mechanical Keyboard Switch Application Scenes

Press a key, and the rubber switch pushes through a hole in the middle membrane to connect the top and bottom membranes, which creates an electrical circuit that causes the keyboard to send the input to your PC. This keyboard design is inexpensive and spill-resistant, but it doesn’t give you as much tactile or audible feedback when you press a key, which can change how you type. 


Unionwell: A Professional Mechanical Keyboard Switch Manufacturer

Unionwell has been dedicated to developing and manufacturing electronic switches since its establishment. More than ten years of micro switch experience enables us to produce high-quality electrical switches for our clients worldwide. Simultaneously, research and development are spent on new patent electrical switches research and development.  

Huizhou Unionwell Sensing & Control Electronics Co., Ltd is a high-tech electronic component factory focusing on micro, basic, and mechanical keyboard switches. 

For more micro switches details, please feel free to visit our website if needed:

Share this post