Basic Knowledge Of Daily Use Of The Micro Switchunionwellswitch
It represents the part of the machinery and device that operates the switch drive lever. Part of mechanical equipment such as cams and stops.
Drive rod: It is a part of the switch, which transmits the force from the outside to the internal bomb structure, and pushes the movable contact to perform the switch action—the general name of the button and the operating lever.
Contact interval: The interval between the fixed and movable contact, the effective distance of the switch.
Switch Cover: the structure of the protection switch.
Movable piece: refers to the mechanical part of the switch contact. Sometimes called a movable spring.
Terminal: The wiring works as a conductive part of a circuit for electrical input and output.
Terminology Description Of Switch Life Mechanical Life
Refers to the switch life when the contact is not energized, and the stroke (OT) is set to the specified value at the specified operating frequency to make it run.
Electrical life: The switch life when the rated load is connected to the contact and the stroke (OT) is set to the specified value at the specified operating frequency.
Protection Level Against Electric Shock: Indicates The Level Of Protection Against Electric Shock, Which Has Four Levels.
Class 0: As an anti-shock measure, only essential insulation is used for protection.
Class I: As an anti-shock measure, a ground wire is added for protection in addition to essential insulation.
ClassⅡ: Double insulation or reinforced insulation protects against electric shock without grounding.
Class: Ⅲ: As an Anti-electric shock measure, as a safe ultra-low voltage (below 50VAC, or less than 7OVDC) circuit, there is no need to take anti-shock steps.
Precautions For The Use Of Microswitches
Choose the right switch.
Please select the appropriate switch and use it according to the use environment and load conditions.
Please select the appropriate switch in the selection guide according to the rated current, operating load, type of drive rod, and environmental conditions.
Using a switch that switches a larger current instead of remote current control will affect the contact’s reliability, so please avoid it as much as possible.
Please select a switch suitable for the switch current.
Use a sealed switch in an environment with many impurities and dust that liquids may be poured, such as water.
Use of switch
In actual use of the switch, some theoretically unforeseen accidents may occur. Therefore, testing must be carried out within the scope of possible implementation. Unless otherwise specified, the rated performance values recorded in the data refer to the matters under the standard test state (temperature +15～+35℃, relative humidity 25～75%, air pressure 86～106kPa).
When testing with current equipment, please ensure that not only are the load conditions the same, but the use environment should also be the same as the actual use conditions. The reference data recorded is compiled into a graph from the actual values sampled and measured from the production line and is not a guaranteed value.
The ratings and performance values recorded in the data are obtained in individual tests. Still, people cannot simultaneously guarantee the ratings and performance values’ combined conditions.
Operating Speed And Operating Frequency
The operating frequency and operating speed will affect the switch’s performance. Please note the following.
- If the operating speed is plodding, the switching of the contacts will be unstable, leading to poor communication and welding.
- The operation speed is breakneck and will become an impact action, causing early damage.
- If the operating frequency is high, switching contacts may not keep up.
- The operating frequency is shallow (less than one time/month), and an oxide film will be formed on the surface of the contact, resulting in a poor connection.
The allowable operating speed and acceptable operating frequency express the switch’s reliability. The life of the switch is a value at a specific operating speed. Therefore, even within the allowable operating rate and frequency, its life may not be satisfied under certain conditions. Please perform confirmation experiments beforehand。
About Usage Status
Please do not use it for a long time in a state of being pressed all the time. Otherwise, it will accelerate the deterioration of the parts and change their characteristics.
About The Operation Method Of The Switch
The operation method of the switch affects the performance of the button. Please pay attention to the following during operation.
- Please use a smooth-shaped switch operating body (cam, stopper, etc.). The drive rod of the button is quickly recovered, and when it receives an impact, it may damage the drive rod and make its life short.
- Please do not impose an unbalanced load on the drive rod during operation. Otherwise, local friction may cause damage to the drive rod and shorten its life.
Operate according to the operating direction of the drive lever. In the needle button type, press the button vertically.
- Please set the angle θ of the cam and stopper, such as the ball pendulum, within the range of 30 to 45°. If the angle is too large, it will cause abnormal lateral stress on the pendulum rod.
- When the drive rod is processed, the excessive external force will be applied to the switch’s internal mechanism, which will cause its characteristics to change and the switch to fail.
- When using the external swing lever as an operating body, we must determine the applied load according to the switch’s operating load.
Unionwell G5 Series Basic Micro Switch Products List >>
Huizhou Unionwell Sensing & Control Electronics Co., Ltd. is committed to producing and innovating various micro switches.
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.unionwellswitch.com.